This is the third post in our Local Social Media Series. In this post, we’ll cover how multi-location and franchise brands can give individual locations the tools they need to create highly engaging and brand compliant local social media content. Catch up on all our earlier posts here. In our previous post in this series, we … Continued
Content Marketing Strategy from Mindstream Media
Our Content Marketing solution is designed to connect brands with their target audiences using a variety of engaging, relevant and informative content pieces.
In 2018, 280 million people will use the internet in the United States, according to eMarketer. And, those users will spend more time with digital media than any other major media, including TV. This massive audience means there is no shortage of opportunities for brands looking to connect with online consumers.
Unfortunately, there’s also no shortage of content on the internet. Every day, internet users are bombarded with ads, articles, social posts, pictures, video… you get the point.
Every minute on the internet users upload:¹
- 3.3 million new posts on Facebook
- 448,800 new tweets on Twitter
- 65,972 new photos posted to Instagram
- 1,440 new blogs on WordPress
- 500 hours of video to YouTube
The challenge for brands is to rise above that noise so potential customers will notice and respond to their messages.
Our Content Marketing solution
Rising above all that noise requires content that engages, entertains and informs consumers, rather than interrupting them. Mindstream Media’s Content Marketing solution helps your brand stand out with high-quality content pieces aimed at the audiences that matter most to you.
Related - Content Marketing 101 Series
Defining Content Marketing
“A strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience – and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.”²
We think Content Marketing is about more than just creating content. That's why Mindstream Media takes a comprehensive approach to make sure our Content Marketing campaigns accomplish your marketing objectives and guide consumers through their buying journeys.
Related – Content Marketing 101: Defining Content Marketing
Our approach to Content Marketing
We dive deep to get a better understanding of your brand, unique value, business goals, marketing objectives, target audiences, industry, competitors, etc. This allows us to develop content that tells your story in a way that makes your brand stand out from your competitors and creates a genuine connection with your target audiences.
We work with you to develop customized content strategies and establish campaign objectives that align with the business goals that matter most to your brand. We also lay out your content guidelines and editorial calendar to help guide future content development.
We craft creative content experiences that engage your target audiences and inspire them to act. We also leverage the latest search engine optimization (SEO) best practices to boost the content’s visibility in search results and drive organic traffic to your digital properties.
We track the performance of content pieces to make sure your campaigns are performing against your business goals and marketing objectives. We also work to identify opportunities to continuously optimize and promote your content.
Related - [Guide]: The Ultimate Guide to Launching Content Marketing
Our Content Marketing philosophy
The types of content we create
- Blog posts
- Webpage copy
- Local landing pages
- FAQ pages
- Case studies
- Social media posts
- Blurbs/copy blocks
- White papers
- Research reports
- Marketing playbooks
- Digital magazines
Our latest guide can help your brand connect with consumers conducting voice searches on their smart speakers. Download this guide to learn: What smart speakers are and how these devices work. How many people are using their smart speakers. How consumers are using these devices to help them make purchases. What you need to do … Continued
Welcome to the second post in our series on how brands can reach smart speaker owners. In the first post, we provided some background on smart speakers and voice search in general. In this post, we’ll start diving into specific strategies brands can employ to connect with smart speaker users. Make sure to catch the rest … Continued
Why does your brand need to create a blog? Consumers face a daily onslaught of branded messaging – TV commercials, billboards, radio spots, search ads, display banners, sponsored social posts, etc. Studies show that consumers see up to 10,000 brand messages a day. On top of that, the internet is cluttered with all types of other … Continued
Content Marketing is a popular way for brands to reach target audiences with creative, relevant and engaging content. In fact, 86 percent of B2C brands and 91 percent of B2B brands are currently using Content Marketing, according to the Content Marketing Institute. If you’re interested in Content Marketing and want to know more about how … Continued
Who should read this guide? Brand marketers looking for the best ways to reach target audiences, increase leads and guide prospects towards a purchase. Whether you’re new to Content Marketing or just looking for ways to improve your current efforts, this guide will give you the information you need to create effective content … Continued
Mindstream Media creates high-quality blog content designed to inform, entertain and educate your target audiences and accomplish specific marketing objectives like:
- Improving your brand’s visibility in organic search results.
- Increasing the quality and quantity of the brand’s website traffic.
- Generating online leads.
- Increasing incoming links to your website.
We leverage our findings from the Immerse Phase to create relevant and compelling blog posts. Keyword research helps us understand how consumers search for your products and services so we can develop blog posts that answer their most urgent questions and solve their most pressing issues.
Website copy (product and service landing pages)
When consumers go online to research a buying decision, they expect to find in-depth, valuable and relevant information about products and services. Mindstream’s Content Marketing solution allows brands to provide that information via optimized and detailed copy for product and service webpages.
Here’s what optimized, informative website copy can do for your brand:
- Provides the information consumers need to make a purchase.
- Improves your brand’s visibility in organic search results for high-intent keywords.
- Drives high-quality traffic to your website.
- Provides effective landing pages for your other digital marketing initiatives.
- Increases conversions from your digital properties.
Mindstream doesn’t just stuff website copy with keywords. We take the time to fully understand your products and services, research what kind of information consumers need at each stage of the buying journey and develop brand compliant website copy that inspires consumers to convert.
Local landing pages
Consumers also expect to easily find information about nearby businesses when they go online to research buying decisions. This makes local landing pages critical content pieces, especially for multi-location and franchise brands.
Mindstream has been in the business of delivering localized messaging at-scale for a long time. We have the resources and know-how to develop unique landing pages for all of your brand's locations.
To get the maximum SEO value, we make sure each local landing page:
- Has unique copy specific to that location.
- Includes accurate and up-to-date location data like business address, phone number, hours of operation, etc.
- Leverages SEO best practices like optimized metadata and structured data to improve the location’s visibility in local search results.
The main purpose of an FAQ page is to address common uncertainties consumers have about your brand’s products and services. These pages often provide the last pieces of essential information consumers need to convert.
FAQ pages are becoming more critical with the rise of voice searches. With voice search, only one result is presented to users, rather than the standard 10 blue links for a desktop search. The sheer quantity of voice searches makes it impossible for Google (or other engines) to find an entire page dedicated to one query. So, for voice search, it’s more valuable to have a high-authority page that covers a variety of related topics than a lot of pages with shallow content covering a single subject. FAQ pages fill that void by providing visitors and search engines a single page with in-depth content that can answer a variety of search queries.
When done right, FAQ pages serve several specific functions, like:
- Helping consumers move through the buying journey by alleviating purchasing anxieties.
- Providing your customer support team some relief by answering frequent questions.
- Improving SEO and site navigation by linking to pages with in-depth content about individual topics.
Humans are visual learners and are more likely to remember information if it’s presented visually. Infographics allow brands to relay complex information about their products and services in a way that’s appealing to the eye and easy to digest.
Here’s how infographics help your brand accomplish marketing objectives:
- Increasing brand awareness by presenting information in a way that reinforces your brand’s style, color palette and unique messaging style.
- Improving your brand’s social media presence.
- Generating backlinks to your website which improves the site’s overall visibility in search results.
These content pieces demonstrate your brand’s value to potential customers by providing helpful how-to, stat and trend lists. They're very similar to blog posts, the major difference is the content is presented in list form (e.g., “10 ways to supercharge your marketing campaigns”).
The listicle format is everywhere online. While the practice is called “click-bait” by some, when done right, listicles can provide a lot of value to a brand’s target audiences.
Why are listicles so popular?
- Listicles fit right into humans’ short attention span.
- Lists curate the most valuable information about a topic in an easy to read (i.e., scan) format.
- Long-form content can be shortened into a list format to give readers additional ways to consume the information.
Digital video is a powerful storytelling technique that helps internal and external audiences better understand your products and services.
How video can benefit your brand:
- Videos work well in both long and short formats – from brief video messages like Snapchat stories and YouTube bumper ads to average length pieces like product/solution explainer videos and longer videos like documentaries.
- Can serve as timely, stand-alone statement pieces, or as a part of a longer conversation or series.
- Can be the main content piece, or work as an introduction to larger pieces (e.g., pre-roll video ads).
- Can be simple (like customer testimonials or product demos), or produced as long-form, intricate pieces.
- Smart Insights, 2017
- Content Marketing Institute, 2017
- HubSpot, 2016
- Backlinko, 2018
- HubSpot, 2017
- Animoto, 2015