For multi-location and franchise brands, localizing your social media presence can be difficult. But, as our new infographic demonstrates, there are plenty of reasons why establishing an optimized, robust and localized social media presence across locations is so important.
Download our free infographic to learn four reasons why your multi-location brand needs a local social presence.
This infographic is part of our Local Social Media Series. Make sure to subscribe to Mindstream Media’s blog to catch all the posts in the series.
Previous posts in our Local Social Media Series
- Part One: An introduction on how multi-location brands can engage local consumers on social media
Stats and sources from the infographic
Total social media users: Source – eMarketer, 2018
There are almost 200 million social media users in the United States. This number is expected to reach 213 million by 2021.
Social media users (in millions)
Social media user engagement: Source – Pew Research Center, “Social Media Use in 2018,” 2018
A majority of Facebook, Snapchat and Instagram users visit these platforms on a daily basis.
Among U.S. adults who say they use [social site], the percentage who use each site…
Audience size and composition across social sites: Source – Omnicore, 2018
- Facebook: 2.1 billion monthly active users including 82 percent of U.S. internet users ages 18-29.
- Instagram: 800 million monthly active users including 59 percent of U.S. internet users ages 18-29.
- LinkedIn: 500 million monthly active users including 40 million students and recent college grads.
- Twitter: 330 million monthly active users including 67 million in the U.S. alone.
Consumers prefer to engage with local pages: Source – MomentFeed, July 2017
Across social sites, the majority of engagement takes place on local pages, not branded profiles.
Percent of consumers who use social media to find local businesses: Source – LSA, 2017
Almost 50 percent of U.S. consumers said they’ve turned to social media networks to find local businesses in the past week.
Want to improve your multi-location brand’s local presence on social media?
Contact Mindstream Media to learn how our local social media solution can AMPLIFY your brand’s social efforts by:
- Posting corporate content across thousands of locations
- Customizing corporate-approved content at the local level
- Assisting individual locations and regions in creating localized social media content
- Monitoring social engagement and reviews
- Boosting content at the local level to reach wider audiences